Subject: Re: [bug#48091] [PATCH v2 06/11] gnu: Add [email-masked].

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 14:55:57 +0200

Raghav Gururajan via Guix-patches via schreef op vr 30-04-2021 om 07:34 [-0400]:
> +    (source
> +     (origin
> +       (method url-fetch)
> +       (uri
> +        (string-append "https://github.com/nltk/nltk/"
> +                       "archive/refs/tags/" version ".tar.gz"))
> +       (sha256
> +        (base32 "1d2cqbc1k6qgd27vfhgd3isn7wknqsgp50vx67m29zd6wgmxq9px"))))))

Is this an autogenerated tarball?  It seems to be.  Autogenerated tarballs
should be avoided for reproducibility (see <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/28659#2>);
GitHub sometimes changes the hashes of these tarballs.  Perhaps you could use
git-fetch instead?

I thought there was a linter checking for this, or maybe that's just wishful
thinking.

Greetings,
Maxime