Subject: Re: bug#48080: 28.0.50; macro-expansion failure (elpa package?)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 13:06:18 +0200

Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]> writes:

> (package-initialize)
>
> I obtain
>
> Eager macro-expansion failure: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 4) 2)
> Eager macro-expansion failure: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 4) 2)
> Error loading autoloads: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 4) 2)
> Eager macro-expansion failure: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 4) 2)
> Eager macro-expansion failure: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 4) 2)
> Error loading autoloads: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 4) 2)

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

We've changed this to signal an error in Emacs 29, so you should be able
to debug this easier there.

Do you still see these issues with the current Emacs version?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no