Subject: bug#48080: 28.0.50; macro-expansion failure (elpa package?)

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 15:35:25 +0200

When starting emacs  (compiled master 
 "83a915d3dfafd5f3d737afe1e13b75e4dd3aef96")
with an init file, that just contains

(package-initialize)

I obtain

Eager macro-expansion failure: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 4) 2)
Eager macro-expansion failure: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 4) 2)
Error loading autoloads: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 4) 2)
Eager macro-expansion failure: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 4) 2)
Eager macro-expansion failure: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 4) 2)
Error loading autoloads: (wrong-number-of-arguments (3 . 4) 2)

Regards

Uwe Brauer 

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.14.6, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2021-04-26 built on Utnapischtim
Repository revision: 83a915d3dfafd5f3d737afe1e13b75e4dd3aef96
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description: Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/emacs28 --with-x-toolkit=athena --without-pop
 --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PNG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM
XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/orgtbl-aggregate-20200605.555/org-insert-dblock hides /home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/orgtbl-join-20200605.600/org-insert-dblock
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-pandoc-20130729.1850/ox-pandoc hides /home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/ox-pandoc-20171107.341/ox-pandoc
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-agenda hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-macs hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-picolisp hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-lob hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ox-org hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ox-texinfo hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-ruby hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-sed hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sed
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-stan hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-stan
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-mobile hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-shell hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-shell
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-shen hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-faces hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ox-publish hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-mscgen hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-plantuml hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-ledger hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-indent hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-sass hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-ctags hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-forth hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-forth
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-maxima hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-archive hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-emacs-lisp hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-comint hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-core hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-processing hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-processing
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-io hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-hledger hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-hledger
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-colview hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-org hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-lilypond hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-R hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-mouse hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-macro hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-compat hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ox-man hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-haskell hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-latex hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-fortran hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-ocaml hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-lisp hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-vala hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-vala
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-abc hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-abc
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ox-icalendar hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-ref hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-groovy hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-groovy
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-feed hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-perl hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-gnuplot hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-ebnf hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ebnf
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-dot hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-capture hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-matlab hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-pcomplete hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-octave hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-coq hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-coq
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ox hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ox
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ox-odt hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-awk hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-lint hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-lint
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-lua hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lua
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-sql hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-scheme hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ox-latex hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-clock hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-entities hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-inlinetask hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-habit hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-datetree hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-ditaa hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-sqlite hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-exp hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-python hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-css hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-calc hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ox-html hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-attach hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ox-ascii hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-install hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-install
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-element hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-element
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-version hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-version
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-id hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-duration hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-duration
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ox-md hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-protocol hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-src hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-loaddefs hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-tangle hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-table hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-java hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-makefile hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-plot hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-J hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-J
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-clojure hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-timer hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-table hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-screen hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-asymptote hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-eval hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-crypt hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-js hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ob-C hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/ox-beamer hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-footnote hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/oub/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171116/org-list hides /opt/emacs28/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/org/org-list

Features:
(shadow sort hashcash mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils edebug-x advice
edebug backtrace help-mode find-func which-func imenu finder-inf
tex-site edmacro kmacro gh-common gh-profile rx s marshal eieio-compat
ht dash cl info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 228294 6039)
 (symbols 48 38643 1)
 (strings 32 96267 1972)
 (string-bytes 1 2374667)
 (vectors 16 21527)
 (vector-slots 8 281633 5845)
 (floats 8 34 18)
 (intervals 56 493 0)
 (buffers 992 12)
 (heap 1024 19095 1978))