Subject: Re: bug#48079: Temporary files while building after native-comp merge

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 10:35:02 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> But now I am seeing that some of these files have not been deleted in my
> tree:
>
>     lisp/emacs-lisp/comp.elcivrXZS
>     lisp/window.elc9aaVMg
>
> This might be because I interrupted the build process at some point; I
> don't know.

I got this, too (several copies of comp.elc<random>), and I was
momentarily confused -- but then I remembered that I had `C-c'd the
compilation.  Since it takes so long to build these files now, that's
probably be a common occurrence.

I guess we can't set up a signal trap to delete the temp file if we're
being interrupted?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no