Subject: bug#48079: Temporary files while building after native-comp merge

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 16:26:30 -0500

Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm wondering, is it a real issue not to have in .gitignore files that
> are showing up temporary?

That depends on your definition of "real issue", I suppose.  ;-)

For me it becomes a real issue because I'm used to be working in the
magit-status buffer while compiling, and that buffer shows all
uncommitted files at the top and any changes at the bottom.  It is
unsettling to have these files show up there occasionally as it makes
the changes "jump" up and down.

But perhaps the fix is as simple as:

diff --git a/.gitignore b/.gitignore
index fcbc9cd7f4..e27ebe36d0 100644
--- a/.gitignore
+++ b/.gitignore
@@ -135,6 +135,7 @@ src/gl-stamp
 *.dll
 *.core
 *.elc
+*.elc[0-9A-Za-z][0-9A-Za-z][0-9A-Za-z][0-9A-Za-z][0-9A-Za-z][0-9A-Za-z]
 *.eln
 *.o
 *.res