Subject: Re: bug#48078: Verbatim environments with key-value arguments

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 19:32:56 +0200

Hi Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

> But you can at least allow a fixed number of balanced braces, and I've
> just done that in order to allow one level of nested {...} in mandatory
> arguments.  (We already allowed for one level of nested brackets in an
> optional argument.)

Thank you for the quick fix.  I also removed some unnecessary escaping
of characters in the regexp for the optional arguments.  While we're at,
I think we should replace

    "\\(?:\\[[^][]*\\(?:\\[[^][]*\\][^][]*\\)*\\]\\)?"

with

    "\\(?:\\[[^][]*\\(?:{[^}{]*}[^}{]*\\)*\\]\\)?"

at some point.  Rationale: One can have a single ] in an optional
argument which is hidden inside {}.  In this case, our current
implementation will fail.  I can live with the situation for the time
being, we can fix it when we get a complaint :-)

Best, Arash