Subject: bug#48075: closed (Re: bug#48075: LaTeX-fill-paragraph and Comments with Long Equations)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 05:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#48075: LaTeX-fill-paragraph and Comments with Long Equations

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48075: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48075
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#48075: LaTeX-fill-paragraph and Comments with Long Equations
From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
To: Mitchell Riley <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 07:17:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Mitchell Riley <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Mitchell,

> I am encountering an infinite loop when trying to fill buffers that
> contain long commented out equations.

Thanks for the report.  That issue has already been reported to the
auctex-devel mailinglist yesterday.  I've pushed a fix and made a new
ELPA release version 13.0.10.

Bye,
Tassilo

Subject: LaTeX-fill-paragraph and Comments with Long Equations
From: Mitchell Riley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 12:33:43 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear AUCTeX developers,

I am encountering an infinite loop when trying to fill buffers that contain
long commented out equations. The specific equation doesn't seem to matter,
for example, trying to fill a buffer with only the line
% $++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++$
or the line
% $\times \times \times \times \times \times \times \times \times \times
\times$
will cause Emacs to hang. Interrupting the filling with C-g shows that
thousands of empty comment lines are being added to the buffer. Filling
succeeds if the $s are removed, so there must be something specific to
equations going on.

I'm afraid I have no experience reading elisp code, so I don't have much
chance of figuring out the issue myself, sorry...

Mitchell