Subject: Re: bug#48073: 27.2; [Eglot] Don't bind `completion-styles' buffer locally?

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 18:37:19 -0400

>> >> It seems that a more appropriate way to override the completion style
>> >> would be to include a category in the completion table metadata, and
> add
>> >> a corresponding entry to `completion-category-defaults', which can be
>> >> done globally.
>>
>> That's right.  The advantage being also that the user can additionally
>> override that default style with `completion-category-overrides'.
>>
>>
>>         Stefan
>
>
> Thanks. But can you confirm my hypothesis that it is possible to make
> its completion table function in the `flex` style automatically,

Yes.

> - having Eglot add an entry to completion-category-defaults or
>   completion-category-overrides (which one?)

`completion-category-overrides` is a user config.  Don't touch it.

> - having Eglot point to that entry in its completion table?

There's no real notion of "point to", but it can use a completion-table
whose `category` says `eglot` and then use a corresponding entry in
`completion-category-defaults`, yes.

And those rare users who don't like `flex` (or who want the new
`mind-reader` completion style instead) can override it in their
`completion-category-overrides`.

        Stefan