Subject: bug#48072: 28.0.50: dired-read-shell-command: handle empty input properly [PATCH]

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 05:33:50 -0400

On 2021-04-28 08:19, Kévin Le Gouguec wrote:
> Shell builtins seem to work though:

Oooo. Thanks. Function shell-command-to-string is using a
non-interactive shell (echo $- results in no 'i") while function shell
isn't.

Now I definitely need to re-think my position for the diredc package,
and possibly also for this bug report. For dired{,c} use, the judgment
for me is to weigh OTOH the common (my experience) case of uninstalled
programs appearing in the default lists for "&" and "!", versus OTOH the
rare (never in my experience) use of "&" and "!" for shell built-ins.
For diredc the call is easier in favor of limiting '&' and '!' because
diredc has a shell pop-up window "'" with midnight-commander type variables
($d1 $d2 $f1 $f2 $t1 $t2) for the current directories, files, and marked
files.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0