Subject: bug#48069: closed (Re: bug#48069: 28.0.50; [feature/pgtk]; tooltips are jittery and sometimes obscured)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 15:21:02 +0000

Your bug report

#48069: 28.0.50; [feature/pgtk]; tooltips are jittery and sometimes obscured

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48069: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48069
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#48069: 28.0.50; [feature/pgtk]; tooltips are jittery and sometimes obscured
From: Yuuki Harano <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 00:20:36 +0900 (JST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, 12 May 2021 10:48:03 -0500,
	john muhl <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I can no longer reproduce this either. In the meantime GNOME was
> upgraded to 40.1 so maybe it was just a transient bug in 40.0. 

OK, I'll close this issue.

-- 
Yuuki Harano

Subject: 28.0.50; [feature/pgtk]; tooltips are jittery and sometimes obscured
From: john muhl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:32:51 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tooltips in the pgtk branch behave erratically.

In the tool-bar when you hover an icon the tooltip often blinks
rapidly or does not appear and the button itself goes quickly between
hover/non-hover state. A similar behavior happens with the mode-line.

In the menu-bar they appear behind the menu itself and obscure the
hint in the tooltip.

Attached is a short video which I hope shows what I mean. In case the
attachment does not arrive it is available directly from
http://files.johnmuhl.space/Kooha-2021-04-27-12%3A02%3A38.webm

---

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.29, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-04-27 built on thelio
Repository revision: 66a36f1e5a323aed3d39db1044a1b71373123832
Repository branch: feature/pgtk
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: Fedora 34
(Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XIM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search seq byte-
opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-
parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs
cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-
bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet
lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript
charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 51314 11250)
 (symbols 48 6592 1)
 (strings 32 18173 1512)
 (string-bytes 1 598869)
 (vectors 16 13361)
 (vector-slots 8 177963 9848)
 (floats 8 22 61)
 (intervals 56 195 0)
 (buffers 992 10))