Subject: bug#48069: 28.0.50; [feature/pgtk]; tooltips are jittery and sometimes obscured

From: john muhl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 12:16:13 -0500

On Tue, 2021-05-04 at 01:46 +0900, Yuuki Harano wrote:
> I recently merge latest master into feature/pgtk.
> It might fix it. Please try again.

Unfortunately that did not fix it.

I notice though that the issue (in both the latest build and the
previous) seems to only appear with emacs on my primary display. If I
drag Emacs to my secondary display I cannot reproduce the issue. The
only difference between displays is that the primary has the default
GNOME top-bar. e.g.

- start emacs on PD; note the reported jitters
- drag that emacs window to SD; note the jittering stops
- quit emacs
- start emacs on SD; no jitter
- drag that emacs to PD; jittering starts

I guess this is a coincidence but thought might be worth mentioning.
(note: the tooltips appearing behind the menu issue is unaffected by
which display is in use)