Subject: bug#48064: texlive-* packages fail to build non-deterministically

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 16:59:48 -0300

I have bad news and good news. :-)

Unfortunately, TeX Live 2021 still has this bug. I tested version 20210325 
(which is the latest on the historic TeX Live FTP site), with subversion 
tag texlive-2021.3 (which is the latest tag in the TeX Live repo).

The good news is that I found a simple workaround: use pdftex instead of 
luatex to build the affected packages. I am currently building all packages 
matching ‘^texlive’ a few times to find the ones needing this workaround.
So far, I found these:

• texlive-amsfonts
• texlive-amscls
• texlive-babel
• texlive-babel-swedish
• texlive-latex-amsmath
• texlive-generic-babel-english
• texlive-latex-cyrillic
• texlive-latex-graphics
• texlive-latex-tools

I will submit a patch to the guix-patches mailing list (with this bug in 
Cc:) as soon as the process finishes.