Subject: "make check" leaves temporary files after native-comp merge

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 09:27:21 -0500

After some iterations of running of "make -j8 bootstrap && make -j8
check", my ~/src/emacs is filled with a lot of temporary directories:

  drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-27 03:50 emacs-testsuite-0B1nPY
  drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-26 12:01 emacs-testsuite-0Ei8cf
  drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-27 03:50 emacs-testsuite-0G40w3
  drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-27 02:59 emacs-testsuite-0GcjNo
  drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-27 02:43 emacs-testsuite-0Gwmf7
  drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-26 20:24 emacs-testsuite-0HYLcF
  drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-27 03:49 emacs-testsuite-0Iy0yX
  drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-26 12:01 emacs-testsuite-0JpgU6

I actually have 2922 of these directories.

The content of one of these directories is:

  emacs-testsuite-xdgMCK
  └── 28.0.50-d25e21f7
      └── subr--trampoline-63616c6c2d70726f63657373_call_process_0.eln

  1 directory, 1 file

Others are empty:

  emacs-testsuite-1HQfjD

  0 directories, 0 files

Every time I run "make -j8 check", I get another 584 of these directories.

Could we do something to ensure these directories are always deleted?