Subject: bug#48060: "make check" leaves temporary files after native-comp merge

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 14:21:28 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> After some iterations of running of "make -j8 bootstrap && make -j8
> check", my ~/src/emacs is filled with a lot of temporary directories:
>
>   drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-27 03:50 emacs-testsuite-0B1nPY
>   drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-26 12:01 emacs-testsuite-0Ei8cf
>   drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-27 03:50 emacs-testsuite-0G40w3
>   drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-27 02:59 emacs-testsuite-0GcjNo
>   drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-27 02:43 emacs-testsuite-0Gwmf7
>   drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-26 20:24 emacs-testsuite-0HYLcF
>   drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-27 03:49 emacs-testsuite-0Iy0yX
>   drwx------  2 skangas skangas 4.0K 2021-04-26 12:01 emacs-testsuite-0JpgU6
>
> I actually have 2922 of these directories.

Andrea's previous changes reduced the number of these directories, but
there were still some left over.  I think I've now fixed that, at least
for "make check", and I'm going through the other ert interface
functions, too.

nativecomp still leaves other files over, but I'm opening a new report
for that, and closing this one.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no