Subject: bug#48060: "make check" leaves temporary files after native-comp merge

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 19:31:04 +0000

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi Michael,
>
> Hi Andrea,
>
>> the issue is that here is not really the test function that is creating
>> this folder, but Emacs it-self that to operate needs a folder to store
>> and retrieve eln files.
>
> I know.
>
>> For the test-suite we moved to a different folder than the one we use
>> for normal runs to have a clean environment to run the test-suite on.
>
> Couldn't you create this different folder inside an ert-deftest, and
> remove it at test-case end?

No, Emacs needs to be able if necessary to depose .eln files even before
a test is run (this is not specific to native-comp tests), and given we
set HOME to a non existent directory the conventional
"~/.emacs.d/eln-cache" can't be used.

Regards

  Andrea