Subject: Re: bug#48055: Statically-linked packages fail to build on powerpc64le-linux

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2025 13:15:50 +0100

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I wanted to make sure I wasn't testing the wrong thing before closing
> the bug.  If that's correct then I think we can close it.

Yes, I can confirm it’s all good:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix describe
Generation 335  Feb 04 2025 19:46:37    (current)
  guix 9366217
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 9366217997d759a4150cf5e44d83b947ac2028ab
$ guix build bootstrap-tarballs -s powerpc64le-linux -n
44.6 MB would be downloaded:
  /gnu/store/5hrjz7nvkqy8nbrml7647spc1ji16mrd-glibc-stripped-tarball-2.39
  /gnu/store/165i6g40591ivcnp2swlagg1kp512i3a-static-binaries-tarball-0
  /gnu/store/39pi7jz79njivmfmynidsqnifq6i76s3-binutils-static-stripped-tarball-2.41
  /gnu/store/db99a01qhf6m40m26pq90bf1ry6wfkjn-guile-static-stripped-tarball-3.0.9
  /gnu/store/ds9mv31s1j3i2bfdvdjgsp3qrdnfsaf8-gcc-stripped-tarball-14.2.0
  /gnu/store/9710w5zm7ir7vy35pvzjq7gs520f9jdg-bootstrap-tarballs-0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Closing!

Ludo’.