Subject: Re: bug#48045: guix challenge error

From: Bone Baboon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 14:30:27 -0400

Ludovic Courtès writes:
> The bug comes from the fact that it’s gone beyond 100%.  We could solve
> it by programming more defensively, but it’d be great to see where the
> problem comes from.
>
> Can you reproduce it with:
>
>   ./pre-inst-env guix challenge /gnu/store/5ds5bli4p6gja2yzmzzc0sik1kzrasp9-guix-extra
>
> ?
>
> If so, could you apply the patch below and send the output of this
> command?  We can discuss it on IRC if anything’s unclear.

I can not reproduce this error any more.

I have a new clone of the Guix repository.

I ran `./pre-inst-env guix challenge
/gnu/store/5ds5bli4p6gja2yzmzzc0sik1kzrasp9-guix-extra` 20 times and the
error was no error.

I ran `./pre-inst-env guix challenge` several times and there was no
error.

I tried running `guix challenge
/gnu/store/5ds5bli4p6gja2yzmzzc0sik1kzrasp9-guix-extra` outside of the
Guix repository 20 times and there was no error.