Subject: bug#48042: 26.3; Macros don't work with french-postfix input method

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 17:12:43 +0300

> Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 14:08:06 +0000
> From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
> cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > Not by quail, indeed, but `unread-command-events` may be set for other 
> > reasons and some of those should be recorded.
> 
> They will be recorded, unless an input method is activated.  What could 
> happen now is that when an input method is activated and 
> unread-command-events is set, these events will not be recorded.  Let's 
> perhaps wait for another bug report to see whether this happens and how it 
> can be fixed?

I don't think this is wise.  We may be breaking features much more
important than postfix input methods used in macros.

I suggest that we first try to fully understand why binding
inhibit--record-char doesn't work in this case, and take it from
there.