Subject: Re: bug#48039: xorg-server might be vulnerable to CVE-2021-3472

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 15:33:33 -0400

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 08:27:58PM +0200, Nicolò Balzarotti wrote:
> Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 07:25:35PM +0200, Nicolò Balzarotti wrote:
> >> * gnu/packages/xorg.scm (xorg-server): Update to 1.20.11.
> >
> > Did you see <https://bugs.gnu.org/48001>?
> >
> Ops, sorry for the duplicate, I somehow missed it, I'm closing this

I didn't mean for you to close your message.

We took different approaches to fixing the bug: I applied a patch, and
you updated the package.

The big difference is that your patch doesn't avoid changing the
xorg-server-for-tests package, so it can't be applied to master.

I'm merging the two tickets. I think that updating the package is a
better choice that simply patching it. I'll probably join our two
patches together and push that.