Subject: bug#48035: Fwd: regression: “guix pack” Docker images no longer work on AWS

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 17:16:15 +0200

Hi Guix,

I’m using “guix pack”-generated Docker images on AWS ECS.  On June 
17,
2020 I generated and uploaded an image that works fine.  According 
to
AWS this image has this manifest type:

    application/vnd.docker.distribution.manifest.v2+json

Today I generated a new image that does not work.  It cannot be 
opened
by ECS; it cannot find /bin/sh, which exists.  The manifest type 
is now
recognized as

    application/vnd.oci.image.manifest.v1+json

It also now detects an “Artifact media type” and prints it as

    application/vnd.oci.image.config.v1+json

I’d very much like to push a newly generated image.  Is there a 
way to
generate the image as it was done in the summer of 2020?

Note that both these images appear to work “fine” with a local 
Docker
installation (i.e. when run with “docker run”).  (When running 
/bin/sh
in the container interactively it appears to freeze whenever I try 
to
actually run a command, but perhaps I’m just holding it wrong…)

-- 
Ricardo