Subject: Re: bug#48031: 28.0.50; comp-tests oddities

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 18:16:49 +0200

Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Andrea,

> as of 9d34fd8b33 both issues should be solved, could you have a look if
> it works for you too?

LGTM.

Btw, in ert-x.el we have the macros `ert-resource-directory' and
`ert-resource-file'.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(defconst comp-test-directory (concat (file-name-directory
                                       (or load-file-name
                                           buffer-file-name))
                                      "comp-tests-resources/"))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

could be

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(defconst comp-test-directory (ert-resource-directory)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

(or just be removed), and

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(defconst comp-test-src
  (expand-file-name "comp-test-funcs.el" comp-test-directory))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

could be

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(defconst comp-test-src (ert-resource-file "comp-test-funcs.el")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

etc pp.

> Thanks for reporting, regards
>
>   Andrea

Best regards, Michael.

PS: Could you, pls, introduce tag :nativecomp in test/README? Thanks.