Subject: bug#48029: 28.1; [native-comp] Function names with non-ascii characters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:53:17 +0200

nonascii.el, saved with encoding utf-8-unix:

    ;; -*- lexical-binding: t; -*-
    (defun nonascii-test-žžž (arg)
      (when arg t))

Visit it and M-x emacs-lisp-native-compile-and-load.
A function called "nonascii-test-Å¾Å¾Å¾" will be defined.

Best regards.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 6, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.28, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-04-25 built on miha-pc
Repository revision: 83a915d3dfafd5f3d737afe1e13b75e4dd3aef96
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --prefix=/usr'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils thingatpt help-fns radix-tree time-date
compile text-property-search comint ansi-color ring comp comp-cstr
warnings subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt gv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process nativecomp
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 99729 11493)
 (symbols 48 8466 0)
 (strings 32 25222 2833)
 (string-bytes 1 834149)
 (vectors 16 23269)
 (vector-slots 8 992809 132999)
 (floats 8 29 63)
 (intervals 56 269 0)
 (buffers 992 15))