Subject: [bug#48028] [PATCH wip-gnome v4 3/8] gnu: gtkmm: Add missing native-input and correct propagated-inputs

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 14:40:50 -0400

Hi Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]> writes:

> I just realized packages that depend on gtkmm, doesn't propagate it. So 
> only way gtkmm, ends up in user-profiles is when explicitly installed. 
> Thus conflicts doesn't happen while building profiles right?

You might be right for users who only install user applications.

However, if I understand correctly, with the v4 patches that I looked at
earlier, and presumably also the v5 patches (based on what you wrote), I
guess that conflicts _would_ happen if someone tries to install 'gtkmm'
and 'cairomm' together in the same profile.  It would be good to make
that work properly, by selecting appropriate versions of these *mm
packages that are compatible with each other.

What do you think?

      Regards,
        Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.