Subject: Re: bug#48028: [PATCH wip-gnome 0/8]: Misc.

From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 11:32:16 +0800

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Sonntag, den 02.05.2021, 13:14 +0800 schrieb 宋文武:
> [...]
>> 
>> I Agree with Leo.  Raghav, could you look into if we can get rid of
>> GIO_EXTRA_MODULES for glib-networking or add a specified comment for
>> this comment (maybe: "For HTTPS and GNOME proxy support")?
>
> I didn't go as far as you.  All I wanted to say, was that insinuating
> it to be a pkg-config dependency might be misleading, and that we ought
> to have a suitable comment.  I've already pushed that patch to master
> with one I wrote myself.

Sure, thank you!

>
> I'm not quite sure what's the problem with wrapping here.  Does glib-
> or-gtk-build-system not take care of GIO_EXTRA_MODULES?

Yes, glib-or-gtk-build-system (and meson-build-system) will do, but that
requires the users of the libsoup and webkitgtk package (eg: midori) to
use glib-or-gtk-build-system which may not be the cases or can be easily
forget.