Subject: Re: [PATCH wip-gnome v5 5/8] gnu: libsoup: Adjust inputs.

From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:07:17 -0400

Hi Leo,

> After looking at this more closely, the comment is a little misleading,
> since the libsoup-2.4.pc does not actually refer to glib-networking.
> What is the rationale behind this propagation?
> In v1 you claimed the .pc file mentions this, but I don't see any of
> it:
> libsoup-2.4.pc:Requires: glib-2.0 >=  2.58, gobject-2.0 >=  2.58, gio-
> 2.0 >=  2.58
> libsoup-2.4.pc:Requires.private: libxml-2.0, sqlite3, libpsl >=  0.20,
> libbrotlidec, zlib
> libsoup-gnome-2.4.pc:Requires: libsoup-2.4
> libsoup-gnome-2.4.pc:Requires.private: glib-2.0 >=  2.58, gobject-2.0
>> =  2.58, gio-2.0 >=  2.58, libxml-2.0, sqlite3, libpsl >=  0.20,
> libbrotlidec, zlib

It `gio` I was referring to. GIO can mean [glib]/lib/libgio or 
[glib-networking]/lib/gio/modules/libgio* or both. It depends on what 
package it is. Libsoup is a networking package, which uses 
glib-networking as tls backend. So GIO networking modules provided by 
glib-networking, is required by libsoup at runtime.

Regards,
RG.