Subject: Re: bug#48024: glib-2.62.6 build fails i686

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 09:45:00 +0300

On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 05:15:14PM -0400, Bone Baboon wrote:
> Efraim Flashner writes:
> > I looked closer at the bug report and I see they are timing out at 60
> > and 180 for Bone Baboon as they currently are.
> >
> > Bone Baboon: Can you build the attached test-glib.scm file and send back
> > the build log? I want to make sure I change the timeout to something
> > long enough.
> >
> > You can build it with 'guix build -f test-glib.scm'
> 
> I ran `guix build --file=test-glib.scm` and I was successful.

That was the plan. I bumped the test timeouts to high enough numbers so
that I could see how long it took.

> I was having trouble finding the build log.
> 
> I have instead attached the output of the build command.

It's perfect.

It looks like the two slowest are
 83/259 glib:glib / 1bit-mutex                  OK      85.13 s
 84/259 glib:glib+slow / 1bit-emufutex          OK      89.22 s

I was thinking of just tripling the duration but test_timeout_slow would
likely have been missed since it was moved from 120 to 180, and
extracting the number so I could multiply it by 3 isn't really the most
readable and could leave the timeout near the edge. I've gone ahead and
multiplied it by 10, if a test would hang forever it's still killed and if
there's high load on a slow machine it should still pass.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted