Subject: bug#48019: 28.0.50; Error signaled by documentation function

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 01:27:56 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> So the problem is the need to restart Emacs every time after compilation.
> Actually, not after every compilation, but I can't determine on what
> condition this error depends.  This is a new regression appeared
> in the last 2 weeks.  Before some recent change, there was no need
> to restart Emacs after compilation.

Indeed -- I just did a `C-h m' now, and now I'm also seeing the problem:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp t)
  documentation(auto-compression-mode)
  describe-mode()
  funcall-interactively(describe-mode)
  call-interactively(describe-mode nil nil)
  command-execute(describe-mode)

But it doesn't seem to happen after every compilation -- perhaps this
only happens after recompiling a particular file?  Most odd.

Hm...

Could it be when compiling regenerates the etc/DOC file, perhaps?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no