Subject: bug#48015: 28.0.50; ELPA package compilation fails

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 14:58:25 -0400

> BTW, maybe one option to circumvent both problems is to replace
>
>     (load "tramp" 'noerror 'nomessage)
>
> with
>
>     (load "tramp-compat" 'noerror 'nomessage)
>     (load "tramp" 'noerror 'nomessage)

Hmm... no I don't think this will make any difference when
default-directory is not under the control of Tramp.

Another approach is to add something like

    ;; Reload `tramp-compat` when we reload `tramp-autoloads`.
    ;;;###autoload (when (featurep 'tramp-compat)
    ;;;###autoload   (load "tramp-compat"'noerror 'nomessage)

This presumes that the only file that really needs to be reloaded is
`tramp-compat`.

    Stefan