Subject: bug#480: Fwd: [Aquamacs-bugs] ~ and / behavior in find-file changed

From: [email-masked] (Johan Bockgård)
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:34:39 +0200

David Reitter <[email-masked]> writes:

> Further investigation showed that this is with Tramp only.
> Can anyone reproduce on GNU Emacs, particularly 23 CVS?

The report was lacking details. Is this the behavior you are talking
about?

    Once the remote machine identification is completed, it comes to
    filename completion on the remote host. This works pretty much like
    for files on the local host, with the exception that minibuffer
    killing via a double-slash works only on the filename part, except
    that filename part starts with `//'. A triple-slash stands for the
    default behaviour. *Note Minibuffer File: (emacs)Minibuffer File.

    Example:

         C-x C-f /telnet:melancholia:/usr/local/bin//etc <TAB>
              -| /telnet:melancholia:/etc

         C-x C-f /telnet:melancholia://etc <TAB>
              -| /etc

         C-x C-f /telnet:melancholia:/usr/local/bin///etc <TAB>
              -| /etc

(info "(tramp) Filename completion")

-- 
Johan Bockgård