Subject: 11.91; Same as Bug 698680 - Error: /typecheck in --setfileposition--

From: Olivier Ramare <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 10:19:58 +0200

--text follows this line--

Remember to cover the basics.  Including a minimal LaTeX example
file exhibiting the problem might help.

----------------------------
Bug 698680 there:
https://bugs.ghostscript.com/show_bug.cgi?id=698680
covers it all.

Best, Olivier
----------------------------

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.14)
  of 2020-03-26, modified by Debian
Package: 11.91

Run buffer contents:

Running `Preview-LaTeX' on `FunnyExercise' with ``latex -ini 
-interaction=nonstopmode "&latex" prv_FunnyExercise.ini 
"\nonstopmode\nofiles\PassOptionsToPackage{active,tightpage,auctex}{preview}\AtBeginDocument{\ifx\ifPreview\undefined\RequirePackage[displaymath,floats,graphics,textmath,sections,footnotes]{preview}[2004/11/05]\fi}" 
"\input" "{\detokenize{"FunnyExercise.tex"}}"''
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.20 (TeX Live 2019/Debian) 
(INITEX)
  restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
(./prv_FunnyExercise.ini
LaTeX2e <2020-02-02> patch level 2
L3 programming layer <2020-02-14> 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/carlisle/mylatex.ltx) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tools/.tex File ignored))
No auxiliary output files.

(./FunnyExercise.tex 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2019/12/20 v1.4l Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size12.clo)) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/amsfonts.sty) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/amssymb.sty) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsmath.sty
For additional information on amsmath, use the `?' option.
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amstext.sty 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsgen.sty)) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsbsy.sty) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsopn.sty)) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/jknapltx/mathrsfs.sty) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/latexsym.sty) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tools/enumerate.sty) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tools/multicol.sty) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tools/verbatim.sty) 
(./authordate1-4.sty) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/umsa.fd) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/umsb.fd) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/jknapltx/ursfs.fd) 
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/ulasy.fd) )
Beginning to dump on file prv_FunnyExercise.fmt
  (preloaded format=prv_FunnyExercise 2021.4.24)
18608 strings of total length 306386
245011 memory locations dumped; current usage is 337&243846
16727 multiletter control sequences
\font\nullfont=nullfont
\font\OMX/cmex/m/n/10=cmex10
\font\tenln=line10
\font\tenlnw=linew10
\font\tencirc=lcircle10
\font\tencircw=lcirclew10
\font\OT1/cmr/m/n/5=cmr5
\font\OT1/cmr/m/n/7=cmr7
\font\OT1/cmr/m/n/10=cmr10
\font\OML/cmm/m...

[...]

     ...et 101 ended.(786431+0x25559040).
<-><->

l.1 \begin{thebibliography}{}

[101])

LaTeX Warning: There were undefined references.

  )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Output written on FunnyExercise.dvi (101 pages, 24100 bytes).
SyncTeX written on FunnyExercise.synctex.gz.
Transcript written on FunnyExercise.log.

TeX Output exited as expected with code 1 at Sat Apr 24 09:51:22
Running `Preview-DviPS' with ``dvips -Pwww FunnyExercise.dvi -o 
FunnyExercise.prv/tmppBqKdI/preview.ps''
This is dvips(k) 5.999 Copyright 2019 Radical Eye Software 
(www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2021.04.24:0951' -> FunnyExercise.prv/tmppBqKdI/preview.ps
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/dvips/base/tex.pro>
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/dvips/base/texps.pro>
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/dvips/base/special.pro>.
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmr17.pfb>
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/symbols/msbm10.pfb>
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmmi12.pfb>
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmr6.pfb>
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmmi8.pfb>
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmsy8.pfb>
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmr8.pfb>
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmex10.pfb>
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmsy10.pfb>
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmr12.pfb>
</usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmbx12.pfb>[1] 

[2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] 
[18]
[19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33]
[34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48]
[49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63]
[64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78]
[79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93]
[94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101]

Preview-DviPS finished at Sat Apr 24 09:51:22
Running `Preview-Ghostscript' with ``/usr/bin/gs 
-dOutputFile\=\(FunnyExercise.prv/tmppBqKdI/pr1-\%d.png\) -q 
-dDELAYSAFER -dNOPAUSE -DNOPLATFONTS -dPrinted -dTextAlphaBits\=4 
-dGraphicsAlphaBits\=4 -sDEVICE\=png16m -r90.4x90.321''

Preview-Ghostscript finished at Sat Apr 24 09:51:23

current state:
==============
(setq
  AUCTeX-version "11.91"
  LaTeX-command-style '(("" "%(PDF)%(latex) %(file-line-error) 
%(extraopts) %S%(PDFout)"))
  image-types '(svg imagemagick png gif tiff jpeg xpm xbm pbm postscript)
  preview-image-type 'png
  preview-image-creators '((dvipng (open preview-gs-open 
preview-dvipng-process-setup)
                (place preview-gs-place) (close preview-dvipng-close))
               (png (open preview-gs-open) (place preview-gs-place)
                (close preview-gs-close))
               (jpeg (open preview-gs-open) (place preview-gs-place)
                (close preview-gs-close))
               (pnm (open preview-gs-open) (place preview-gs-place)
                (close preview-gs-close))
               (tiff (open preview-gs-open) (place preview-gs-place)
                (close preview-gs-close))
               )
  preview-dvipng-image-type 'png
  preview-dvipng-command "dvipng -picky -noghostscript %d -o 
%m/prev%%03d.png"
  preview-pdf2dsc-command "pdf2dsc %s.pdf %m/preview.dsc"
  preview-gs-command "/usr/bin/rungs"
  preview-gs-options '("-q" "-dDELAYSAFER" "-dNOPAUSE" "-DNOPLATFONTS" 
"-dPrinted"
               "-dTextAlphaBits=4" "-dGraphicsAlphaBits=4")
  preview-gs-image-type-alist '((png png "-sDEVICE=png16m") (dvipng png 
"-sDEVICE=png16m")
                    (jpeg jpeg "-sDEVICE=jpeg") (pnm pbm "-sDEVICE=pnmraw")
                    (tiff tiff "-sDEVICE=tiff12nc"))
  preview-fast-conversion t
  preview-prefer-TeX-bb nil
  preview-dvips-command "dvips -Pwww -i -E %d -o %m/preview.000"
  preview-fast-dvips-command "dvips -Pwww %d -o %m/preview.ps"
  preview-scale-function 'preview-scale-from-face
  preview-LaTeX-command '("%`%l 
\"\\nonstopmode\\nofiles\\PassOptionsToPackage{"
              ("," . preview-required-option-list)
  "}{preview}\\AtBeginDocument{\\ifx\\ifPreview\\undefined"
              preview-default-preamble "\\fi}\"%' 
\"{\\detokenize{\"%t\"}}\"")
  preview-required-option-list '("active" "tightpage" "auctex"
                 (preview-preserve-counters "counters"))
  preview-preserve-counters nil
  preview-default-option-list '("displaymath" "floats" "graphics" 
"textmath" "sections"
                    "footnotes")
  preview-default-preamble '("\\RequirePackage[" ("," . 
preview-default-option-list)
                 "]{preview}[2004/11/05]")
  preview-LaTeX-command-replacements nil
  preview-dump-replacements '(preview-LaTeX-command-replacements
                  ("\\`\\([^ ]+\\)\\(?: +\\(?:\\(--?kanji[= ][^ 
]+\\)\\|-\\(?:[^ \\\"]\\|\\\\.\\|\"[^\"]*\"\\)*\\)\\)*\\(.*\\)\\'" "\\1 
-ini \\2 -interaction=nonstopmode \"&\\1\" " preview-format-name ".ini \\3")
                  )
  preview-undump-replacements '(("\\`\\([^ ]+\\)\\(?: 
+\\(?:\\(--?kanji[= ][^ ]+\\)\\|-\\(?:[^ 
\\\"]\\|\\\\.\\|\"[^\"]*\"\\)*\\)\\)*.* \"\\\\input\" 
\"{\\\\detokenize{\" \\(.*\\) \"}}\"\\'" "\\1 \\2 
-interaction=nonstopmode -file-line-error " preview-format-name " 
\"/AUCTEXINPUT{\" \\3 \"}\"")
                    )
  preview-auto-cache-preamble 'ask
  preview-TeX-style-dir nil
  )

Output from running `/usr/bin/rungs -h':
GPL Ghostscript 9.50 (2019-10-15)
Copyright (C) 2019 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Usage: gs [switches] [file1.ps file2.ps ...]
Most frequently used switches: (you can use # in place of =)
  -dNOPAUSE           no pause after page   | -q       `quiet', fewer 
messages
  -g<width>x<height>  page size in pixels   | -r<res>  pixels/inch 
resolution
  -sDEVICE=<devname>  select device         | -dBATCH  exit after last file
  -sOutputFile=<file> select output file: - for stdout, |command for pipe,
                                          embed %d or %ld for page #
Input formats: PostScript PostScriptLevel1 PostScriptLevel2 
PostScriptLevel3 PDF
Default output device: x11alpha
Available devices:
    alc1900 alc2000 alc4000 alc4100 alc8500 alc8600 alc9100 ap3250 atx23
    atx24 atx38 bbox bit bitcmyk bitrgb bitrgbtags bj10e bj10v bj10vh bj200
    bjc600 bjc800 bjc880j bjccmyk bjccolor bjcgray bjcmono bmp16 bmp16m
    bmp256 bmp32b bmpgray bmpmono bmpsep1 bmpsep8 ccr cdeskjet cdj1600 
cdj500
    cdj550 cdj670 cdj850 cdj880 cdj890 cdj970 cdjcolor cdjmono cdnj500 cfax
    chp2200 cif cljet5 cljet5c cljet5pr coslw2p coslwxl cups declj250 
deskjet
    devicen dfaxhigh dfaxlow display dj505j djet500 djet500c dl2100 dnj650c
    epl2050 epl2050p epl2120 epl2500 epl2750 epl5800 epl5900 epl6100 epl6200
    eplcolor eplmono eps2write eps9high eps9mid epson epsonc escp escpage
    faxg3 faxg32d faxg4 fmlbp fmpr fpng fs600 gdi gprf hl1240 hl1250 hl7x0
    hpdj1120c hpdj310 hpdj320 hpdj340 hpdj400 hpdj500 hpdj500c hpdj510
    hpdj520 hpdj540 hpdj550c hpdj560c hpdj600 hpdj660c hpdj670c hpdj680c
    hpdj690c hpdj850c hpdj855c hpdj870c hpdj890c hpdjplus hpdjportable 
ibmpro
    ijs imagen inferno ink_cov inkcov itk24i itk38 jetp3852 jj100 jpeg
    jpegcmyk jpeggray la50 la70 la75 la75plus laserjet lbp310 lbp320 lbp8
    lex2050 lex3200 lex5700 lex7000 lips2p lips3 lips4 lips4v lj250 lj3100sw
    lj4dith lj4dithp lj5gray lj5mono ljet2p ljet3 ljet3d ljet4 ljet4d
    ljet4pjl ljetplus ln03 lp1800 lp1900 lp2000 lp2200 lp2400 lp2500 lp2563
    lp3000c lp7500 lp7700 lp7900 lp8000 lp8000c lp8100 lp8200c lp8300c
    lp8300f lp8400f lp8500c lp8600 lp8600f lp8700 lp8800c lp8900 lp9000b
    lp9000c lp9100 lp9200b lp9200c lp9300 lp9400 lp9500c lp9600 lp9600s
    lp9800c lps4500 lps6500 lq850 lxm3200 lxm5700m m8510 md1xMono md2k
    md50Eco md50Mono md5k mgr4 mgr8 mgrgray2 mgrgray4 mgrgray8 mgrmono 
miff24
    mj500c mj6000c mj700v2c mj8000c ml600 necp6 npdl nullpage oce9050 oki182
    oki4w okiibm oprp opvp paintjet pam pamcmyk32 pamcmyk4 pbm pbmraw pcl3
    pclm pcx16 pcx24b pcx256 pcxcmyk pcxgray pcxmono pdfimage24 pdfimage32
    pdfimage8 pdfwrite pdfwrite pdfwrite pgm pgmraw pgnm pgnmraw photoex
    picty180 pj pjetxl pjxl pjxl300 pkm pkmraw pksm pksmraw plan plan9bm
    planc plang plank planm plib plibc plibg plibk plibm png16 png16m png256
    png48 pngalpha pnggray pngmono pngmonod pnm pnmraw ppm ppmraw pr1000
    pr1000_4 pr150 pr201 ps2write psdcmyk psdcmyk16 psdcmykog psdrgb 
psdrgb16
    pwgraster pxlcolor pxlmono r4081 rinkj rpdl samsunggdi sj48 spotcmyk
    st800 stcolor t4693d2 t4693d4 t4693d8 tek4696 tiff12nc tiff24nc tiff32nc
    tiff48nc tiff64nc tiffcrle tiffg3 tiffg32d tiffg4 tiffgray tifflzw
    tiffpack tiffscaled tiffscaled24 tiffscaled32 tiffscaled4 tiffscaled8
    tiffsep tiffsep1 txtwrite uniprint x11 x11alpha x11cmyk x11cmyk2 
x11cmyk4
    x11cmyk8 x11gray2 x11gray4 x11mono xcf xes xpswrite
Search path:
    /usr/share/ghostscript/9.50/Resource/Init :
    /usr/share/ghostscript/9.50/lib :
    /usr/share/ghostscript/9.50/Resource/Font :
    /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts : /var/lib/ghostscript/fonts :
    /usr/share/cups/fonts : /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts :
    /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/fonts : /usr/share/fonts
Ghostscript is also using fontconfig to search for font files
For more information, see /usr/share/doc/ghostscript/Use.htm.
On debian system you may need to install ghostscript-doc package.
Please report bugs to bugs.ghostscript.com.

=================== END ==========================