Subject: bug#47981: [PATCH] Add newline and tab matching information to query-replace-regexp docstring.

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 17:12:34 +0300

On 24/04/2021 05:25 +0000, Eric Skoglund wrote:

> "Filipp Gunbin" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> You may want to instead direct the reader to (info "(emacs) Inserting
>> Text"), and in particular, section about "quoted-insert".
>
> It feels a bit like leading users away from the specific information
> they would want and towards some more general informaton. AFAIK
> query-replace-regexp will only warn users in the minibuffer that "\n"
> and "\t" will not work as usual (and for matching a tab character you do
> not use quated-insert).
>
> // Eric Skoglund

This is just one of several cases where quoted-insert is needed, so I
don't see a reason why explain it here, and not explain in other places.
And if explain - it'd be better to provide more general explanation,
that is, refer to the info…

Filipp