Subject: bug#47957: [External] : bug#47957: diredx-aux doctrings [PATCH INCLUDED]

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 20:15:56 +0000

Thanks for doing this.

A minor suggestion (for consideration) for
`dired-do-kill-lines', based on my feeling
that "kill" here is a misleading misnomer:

Say "remove", not "kill" (which generally
has to do with removing text and placing it
on the kill ring).

FWIW, I have this doc string for it in
Dired+.  Apart from the added optional arg
INIT-COUNT, the behavior is the same.
___

Remove all marked lines, or the next ARG lines.
The files or directories on those lines are _not_ deleted.  Only the
Dired listing is affected.  To restore the removals, use `M-x revert-buffer'.

With a numeric prefix arg, remove that many lines going forward,
starting with the current line.  (A negative prefix arg removes lines
going backward.)

If you use a prefix arg to remove the line for a subdir whose listing
you have inserted into the Dired buffer, then that subdir listing is
also removed.

To remove a subdir listing _without_ removing the subdir's line in its
parent listing, go to the header line of the subdir listing and use
this command with any prefix arg.

When called from Lisp, non-nil INIT-COUNT is added to the number of
lines removed by this invocation, for the reporting message.
___

(Also, don't forget to prefix lines that start with ( with \.)