Subject: bug#47949: Failed to produce output path for guix-package-cache

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 08:53:44 -0400

Hi Simon,

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2023 at 12:47, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I think I may have experienced this issue
>
> Well, I think it’s different from the issue reported by Vagrant; IIUC,
> something related to mixed branches and/or locations of repository from
> where Vagrant pulled.
>
> Instead, your issue seems related to channels.

Right.  I thought the package I used from the channel should be frozen
because I specify it in my manifest via an old guix inferior, but that
only applies at 'guix package -m' profile generation time, not at the
time 'guix pull' fetches the channel.  The channel is public and
contains free software only [0].

Thanks for pointing that!

[0]  https://gitlab.com/Apteryks/sfl-guix-channel

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim