Subject: bug#47949: Failed to produce output path for guix-package-cache

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 21:58:21 +0200

Hi Vagrant,

On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 at 09:57, Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It is consistently the same errors in the log, though on further looking
> i discovered a branch in ~/.cache/guix/checkouts/ that had old removed
> files in it (including wicd.scm/wicd.go) ... *maybe* that was somehow
> related. I did remove all the evidence, so so if stale checkouts is
> somehow the issue, it will be hard to reproduce again... oops.

Hum, what does “guix describe” say?

> I did manage again to use an old commit to pull up to a more recent
> master (a0751e3250dfea7e52468c8090e18c3118d93a60), and see there are new
> commits now so will try again. Will see.

What is your hackish workflow?  You do,

    guix pull --commit=<old> && guix pull

right?  From your recent pull, does this

    guix time-machine --commit=<new> -- help

work?  where <new> is newer than your current revision.

Cheers,
simon