Subject: Re: bug#47949: Failed to produce output path for guix-package-cache

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 10:10:08 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Oct 2022 at 12:50, Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> wrote:

> originally stared for
> me with guix successfully pulled to
> bb2701b9111a3d82a82ceaaf2b22b51ecd8ac21f, and then trying to guix pull
> to anything newer would trigger the issue...
>
> I managed to workaround it by using an older guix pull at commit
> e61660c78f1190c578dd6f202bc5529cbdcff84e, and then guix pull to
> 8663be6da7f13a8eeea71dc1f493f7adc5b7672a was successful ... but now with
> 8663be6da7f13a8eeea71dc1f493f7adc5b7672a it appears to be happening
> again. Wow, that's confusing...

These commits are from:

bb2701b9111a3d82a82ceaaf2b22b51ecd8ac21f Sat Oct 22 18:37:02 2022 +0200
e61660c78f1190c578dd6f202bc5529cbdcff84e Sun Oct 16 02:00:43 2022 +0200
8663be6da7f13a8eeea71dc1f493f7adc5b7672a Mon Oct 24 20:31:34 2022 +0200

when Guix complains about

> (exception unbound-variable (value #f) (value "Unbound variable: ~S") (value (python2-pygtk)) (value #f))

removed by

1c09ed37211d983d04e626d736df8f69f504630d Tue May 31 14:53:45 2022 -0400

Is the ’guix pull’ failure consistent?  Is it always because this or
does it vary?

Cheers,
simon