Subject: Re: bug#47936: AucTeX and electric-pair-mode

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 21:08:41 +0900

>>>>> Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:
> Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:
>> AUCTeX already has the following code in `LaTeX-common-initialization'
>> to turn off `electric-pair-mode' explicitly.  

> Oh, I've already forgotten. :-)

>> Thanks. Maybe the attached patch might be better so that
>> `LaTeX-insert-left-brace' can get rid of all unexpected interactions
>> with `self-insert-command'. Tassilo, what do you think about it?

> Ah, yes, that's a a much better idea!  Feel free to install it and undo
> Philip's change which shouldn't be needed anymore when not using
> `self-insert-command'.

I reconsidered it and committed a modification so that
`LaTeX-insert-left-brace' suppresses such interaction only when it
inserts the right delimeter by itself. Now `electric-pair-mode' does its
job when e.g. prefix argument is given.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita