Subject: bug#47912: closed (Re: bug#47912: questions about virus)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 18:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47912: questions about virus

which was filed against the gzip package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47912: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47912
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#47912: questions about virus
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: RM <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:14:53 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 4/20/21 10:42 AM, RM wrote:
> my antivirus scans continually show Gzip as containing
> TrojanDownloader:HTML/Elshutilo.Ayet i can't remove it because of something
> called trusted installer. the antivirus program "removes" the virus but at
> the next scan it is still/again there. please advise how to get rid of
> this. thank you

I'm afraid you're writing to the wrong place; we merely maintain the 
upstream source code and do not generate the binary executable that your 
software is complaining about. I suggest writing to whoever generated 
the program you're actually running. Or pedrhaps you can write to 
whoever is maintaining your antivirus software.

Subject: questions about virus
From: RM <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 13:42:27 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

my antivirus scans continually show Gzip as containing
TrojanDownloader:HTML/Elshutilo.Ayet i can't remove it because of something
called trusted installer. the antivirus program "removes" the virus but at
the next scan it is still/again there. please advise how to get rid of
this. thank you

dm