Subject: [PATCH] gnu: python-wtforms: Update to 2.3.3.

From: Vinicius Monego <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 23:29:10 +0000

Hi,

> I have not been able to successfully run all the tests without using
> tox manually.

[...]

> What is the consensus for using tox with guix?

Tox is an environment manager. As such, it is redundant in Guix. Tox is
not a hard requirement for tests in any project.

You can inspect the tox.ini file that is shipped in projects. This is
the tox.ini from wtforms, in the 2.3.3 tag: [1]. Note that the test
command that tox will run is:

> python setup.py compile_catalog
> coverage run tests/runtests.py --with-pep8

After running these commands in the custom check phase, I could
succesfully run the tests. I also added python-sqlalchemy and python-
dateutil to native-inputs.

Note that it requires django<1.7 which we don't have, but it's
optional. It seems that the testing command will change again in
version 3 to a standard pytest call and the legacy dependencies will be
removed [2] (also see tox.ini in the master branch).

> python-hy is also broken (it depends on python-funcparserlib and
> fails because of it)

funcparserlib is broken because version 0.3.6 is compatible with only
up to Python 3.5 (it was released in 2013). There should be a 1.0.0
release this year [3] and it doesn't seem that 0.3.6 can be fixed from
our side.

It does not depend on tox either. Once 1.0.0 is released and packaged,
tox can be removed and it should run without replacing the check phase
(it uses unittest). Tox is still there because that package is
currently stagnating.

Vinicius

[1] https://github.com/wtforms/wtforms/blob/2.3.3/tox.ini

[2] https://github.com/wtforms/wtforms/commit/c49ecfb7e76f919eafb5c6a11c3b795c4e613757

[3] https://github.com/vlasovskikh/funcparserlib/issues/65