Subject: [bug#47906] [PATCH 13/22] gnu: Add python-qtawesome.

From: Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 16:32:53 +0200

Hi Vinicius,

> Interesting, I saw that package in Debian (also Spyder is there) and
> assumed it was free.
it simply ships the font files inside python-qtawesome-common. I don’t
know why it depends on fonts-font-awesome.

> Upon inspecting the Debian package further I found that it sets the
> SYSTEM_FONTS variable. Those fonts are in the packages
> fonts-elusive-icons and fonts-font-awesome, the latter having the version
> "5.0.10+really4.7.0~dfsg-4.1". Seems to be a way to pretend that
> fontawesome4 is fontawesome5.
Looking at the source code this variable does nothing at all. It still
tries to load the bundled (missing) fonts inside __init__.py and fails.
I tried replacing the font paths, which works, but then icons are
missing in spyder, because they are not present in fontawesome 4.7.

> Could the patches not related to spyder be applied in the meantime? I
> can send a v2 with a selection if that makes it easier.
Sure, a v2 shouldn’t be necessary, I have everything in git, but I’ll
need to test the package upgrades first.

Cheers,
Lars