Subject: Re: bug#47896: 27.2; TRAMP hang/lockup/fault on compile/file access

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:00:49 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi David,

>> What is the correct way to do that with use-package/straight.el to
>> override the
>> built-in TRAMP?  I have this:
>
> Sorry, I don't use use-package and straight. I would simply open the
> package manager by "M-x list-packages", mark Tramp 2.5.0.3 (hit "i"),
> and execute it (hit "x").
>
>> The autoload I got from here to solve the tramp-crypt error:
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/l2lw7o/tramp_blocking_emacs/
>>
>> Even so, tramp-version reports 2.4.5.27.2.  I verified the package
>> straight.el
>> downloaded is 2.5.0.3.
>
> Hmm, here I would need more details. Could you show what happens when
> the Tramp package is compiled during installation?

Anything else I could do for you? Otherwise, I'd like to close the bug.

Btw, There's meanwhile Tramp 2.5.0.5 on GNU ELPA.

>> David

Best regards, Michael.