Subject: bug#47896: 27.2; TRAMP hang/lockup/fault on compile/file access

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 09:35:56 +0200

dag via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi David,

> What is the correct way to do that with use-package/straight.el to
> override the
> built-in TRAMP?  I have this:

Sorry, I don't use use-package and straight. I would simply open the
package manager by "M-x list-packages", mark Tramp 2.5.0.3 (hit "i"),
and execute it (hit "x").

> The autoload I got from here to solve the tramp-crypt error:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/l2lw7o/tramp_blocking_emacs/
>
> Even so, tramp-version reports 2.4.5.27.2.  I verified the package
> straight.el
> downloaded is 2.5.0.3.

Hmm, here I would need more details. Could you show what happens when
the Tramp package is compiled during installation?

> David

Best regards, Michael.