Subject: 28.0.50; y.oy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 19:06:58 +0300

Some recent change made isearch to misbehave.

isearch works normally when enable-recursive-minibuffers is off and no
input method is set.

However, when both enable-recursive-minibuffers is on and some input
method is set, pressing C-s and then entering some text does not start a
search. Successive presses of C-s lead to some garbled content being
produced in minibuffer window (see screenshot).

Steps to reproduce.

1. emacs -Q
2. M-x set-input-method RET programmer-dvorak
3. M-x customize-option RET enable-recursive-minibuffers
Toggle the option into "On" state
4. Inside, for example, *scratch* buffer press C-s, then enter text to
search. Observe that interactive search doesn't start. Also, successive
presses of C-s produce some garbled text in minibuffer window as can be
seen on screenshot below.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.28, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-04-19 built on arch-max
Repository revision: 20b9ac8de4668e24111226c62c8b91678bfb391c
Repository branch: makepkg
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --without-xaw3d --without-m17n-flt --with-cairo --with-xwidgets
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2
 -pipe -fno-plt -g -fuse-ld=gold -g -fuse-ld=gold'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM
XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: 
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail sort smiley ansi-color gnus-async gnus-bcklg
gnus-draft comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-extra gnus-ml disp-table
gnus-cite mail-extr cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh gnutls network-stream nsm
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum shr
kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win view quail
help-mode edmacro kmacro format-spec tango-theme paren gnus nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
text-property-search time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
battery dbus xml cus-start cus-load info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 222637 14508)
 (symbols 48 17398 0)
 (strings 32 53662 3750)
 (string-bytes 1 1767033)
 (vectors 16 30337)
 (vector-slots 8 541117 33856)
 (floats 8 266 44)
 (intervals 56 499 0)
 (buffers 992 24))