Subject: bug#4789: use bootstrap-emacs to build emacs/leim directory, load emacs/leim/leim-list.el to loadup.el

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 02:59:38 +0200

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nope. Do you know why yours doesn't? :)

I don't even know what leim is.  :-)

> It's part of normal-top-level in startup.el.
> (It's not the kind of thing that should be changed for Emacs 24.1 at
> this stage.)
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-10/msg00502.html
>
> points out that there still has to be _some_ search at startup, for
> people with their own input methods, and suggests just not searching
> certain "obviously wrong" load-path dirs (lisp/progmodes, etc). That
> does not preclude dumping the standard leim/leim-list.el though.

Right.  Was there any consensus that dumping with leim-list would be a
good idea?  I read the thread, and I didn't really see any conclusions.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/