Subject: Re: bug#47889: [installer image] grub-install efi fails getting canonical path to /boot/efi on dos-formatted disk

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 22:19:04 +0200

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 01:27:39PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 11:29:54AM +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> > When installing from the Guix install image, grub-install fails on my
> > x86_64 ASRock Beebox PC:
> 
> Can you be specific about which install image you used? For example, can
> you provide the URL of the image?

This one:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/175632/details

Same thing happened on an image manually created by running

./pre-inst-env guix system image -t iso9660 gnu/system/install.scm

on commit fef2f08bc640f78cc0a86fc7be3eccbc07b5e98c (after fixing it by
removing the broken “vi” entry from po/packages/LINGUAS which Julien
had only fixed in a later commit).

Regards,
Florian

P.S. I can test again, the PC works again after clearing the CMOS.