Subject: bug#47879: [PATCH] Ignore mode hooks when analysing diffs

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 14:36:22 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 09:12:45 -0500
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>> 
>> >> I rather think that the bug is either in the hook you added or in
>> >> paredit-mode, and should be solved there.
>> >
>> > Ok, I'll try that too.
>> 
>> So is this a notabug or a wontfix, or is there more to do here?
>
> Too early to say, I think.  Let's give Philip some time to try to fix
> it as I suggested.

I looked into the code, and Philipp Stephani's suggestion to set
paredit-override-check-parens-function to (lambda (_) t) seems to be the
cleanest solution. I'd say this is not really a bug, but an issue in my
configuration. It might be worth considering sending paredit a patch to
only check the syntax if invoked interactively, but my suggestion was
certainly too broad.

-- 
	Philip K.