Subject: Re: bug#47868: 28.0.50; [native-comp] vertico package doesn't work when loading the corresponding eln file

From: Doug Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 12:11:26 -0400

Andrea Corallo via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On 4/21/21 10:31 AM, Andrea Corallo wrote:
>>> Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>> Is it uncommon to use propertized string literals, since these were
>>>> the ones which introduced the issue here? (No coincidence that two
>>>> packages of mine were affected by this)
>>> Yes it is uncommon but still this is a native compiler bug as the
>>> byte
>>> compiler hash cons string correctly.
>>
>> No doubt it is is a bug. I was just wondering that two of my recent
>> packages triggered a bug given that many people already happily use
>> native. Thank you for fixing this and for all the efforts with native
>> compilation. I am looking very much forward to using it.
>>
>> Daniel
>
> Yes, indeed your packages did a very good work at unveiling this bug :)
>
> As of f842816125 it should work (haven't tried again with vertigo tho),
> some testing appreciated as usual.

I just recompiled my local native-comp branch and vertico is behaving as
it does with my package-manager-provided Emacs 27.2 installation. thanks
Daniel and Andrea :)