Subject: bug#47867: [1.2.1 pre-release testing] substitute downloading and TLS errors

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 13:33:37 +0200

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 12:15:47PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Was this in a VM?

No, an Asrock Beebox (real x86_64 hardware).

> Could it be that networking was unstable (e.g., you
> were running this over a flaky WiFi connection)?

It is a stable Ethernet connection.

> How reproducible is
> this?  Any tips on how to reproduce it?
> 
> I did a full bare-bones OS install in a VM, which went fine, but maybe
> that’s not representative of your setup.
> 
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

The installer completed just now after continuing from the last
install step another time (well with an unrelated error by
grub-install that it could not determine the canonical path of
/boot/efi).  I will try reproducing, but Jin and me both had this
error.

Regards,
Florian