Subject: Re: bug#47861: Starting `jsonrpc-process-connection' over Tramp fails if the process writes to stderr

From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 21:53:10 -0700

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 10:33 AM Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > However, handling stderr buffers in Tramp's make-process is still a
> > mess. So I've started to reimplement this, using a named pipe on the
> > remote machine. make-pipe-process, the natural choice, does not work for
> > remote processes.
>
> I've finished a first shot on this, see the appended patch. Would you
> mind to test this in your environment, for example with eglot?

I've tested this patch (using commit
e89a2304a152d6ee9e5d75efe0d22cabab771388 from the Tramp repository,
which includes your above patch), and everything works correctly as
far as I can tell.

I also wanted to be sure I could still reproduce the original issue,
so I confirmed that if I roll Tramp back to a previous revision before
your workaround (I used commit
f9301e5d4424bd567dc212f579350c5e04397ba1), I see the bug again.

Thanks for the fix!