Subject: bug#47860: 28.0.50; Mini buffer resize when lines are truncated regression

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 21:03:00 +0300

> From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 12:45:48 -0500
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 1:57 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, please do.  I'd very much prefer to see a recipe that doesn't
> > involve 3rd-party packages which specifically are aimed at changing
> > how completion works in the minibuffer.  So, please, no consult and
> > no selectrum.  Okay?
> 
> I haven't been able to get selectrum out of the mix yet.

Too bad.

> Do you have any sense of how that commit could possibly affect the
> automatic sizing of the minibuffer?

Not sure what kind of answer you expected here.  That change affects
Emacs display behavior when lines are truncated, and it could indeed
affe ct the mini-window resizing because of that.  That change was
done to fix a bug, so reverting it is out of the question.  We need to
understand how the change affects the use case you present.  It could
be that there's another display bug, or it could be that the package
in question itself has a bug that just went unnoticed because of the
bug fixed by that commit.