Subject: bug#47854: debbugs-gnu to not bugs tag as fixed when closing

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 16:31:50 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> A closed bug can by default be assumed to be fixed, so tagging it fixed
>>> is at best redundant, and most likely a nuisance, since if the bug is
>>> later found to still occur you can't just reopen the report, you have to
>>> remember to untag it as well.
>>
>> I tend to agree. Lars?
>
> The "fixed" tag also includes a version it was supposed to be fixed
> in...  which seems slightly useful.
>
> And you can reopen without removing the tag.

Hmm, if we submit the "reopen" command in debbugs-gnu, the tags "fixed"
and "patch" are removed. Isn't this sufficient?

Alternatively, we could ask interactively, whether a bug shall be marked
as "fixed", when the "close" command is raised in debbugs-gnu.

> But I have no strong opinion here -- I don't think anyone actually uses
> these tags for anything at present.

Indeed.

Best regards, Michael.